Sorry for my long absence, this last semester of classes has just been extremely time-consuming. But everything has been submitted, and there is only one component left to my program prior to graduation in the spring – completing my internship!
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m currently studying Applied Museum Studies. This means my internship needs to take place at a museum or archives, anywhere in the world – and I’ll be heading to Latvia! I will be working at the Latvians Abroad Museum and Research Centre, an institution that I mentioned on my blog last year. This is an extremely exciting opportunity.
Since I’ll be in Latvia for four months, this also will provide me with plenty of time that I can spend doing genealogical research – for myself, or for you! Please stay tuned for a post on the variety of things that I could do for you while I’m there.
In the meantime, I have three weeks until I leave, and in that time I have a lot to accomplish:
- Organize all of my notes so that I have a clear plan of attack for my personal research.
- Scan the rest of the old family photographs that I have.
- Update my long-neglected Latvian Surname Project – I’ve still been collecting names, but I haven’t had the time to add them to the site since starting my program. Soon, I promise! I have over 1000 names in my database, and more being added every day.
- Make a lot of posts here!
- And, if I have time, work out the roots of my LÅ«kins and CelmiÅ†Å¡ families – these were both very large families in their respective parishes (Jaunate and Vijciems), based on what the revision lists tell me, so I need to work out who each of their progenitors were.
Well, off I go to start accomplishing this list!
One thought on “I’m Back!”
Welcome back. It’s always worth waiting for your posts, Antra.